Gourmet candlelight breakfast is included with every stay. You choose if you would like to join other guests at our grand mahogany dining table, or have breakfast served in the privacy of your room. Every day the menu is different, so special requests and dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- First course offerings we have prepared include Yogurt Parfaits, Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries, Gluten-Free Oatmeal Muffins and our Signature English Scones
- Second course is always hot and could be either Croissant Stuffed French Toast, Vegetable Frittata, Scotch Eggs or Hash Brown Potato Pie
- Third course is dessert and has featured Molten Spiced Chocolate Cake, Cappuccino Praline Puffs, Baked Apple Dumplings, and Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
Plenty of coffee, tea and juice is flowing during breakfast. Plus, coffee and tea are available any time of the day in our guest kitchen corner of the dining room. And in-room coffee service is also provided if you’d rather just stay in your room.
Recipe of the Month: Apple Crisp
Kevin’s favorite apple is Haralson, which is a perfect fit for this apple crisp. Haralson’s have a mildly tart flavor, and hold their shape and texture in baking. Top this off with a cinnamon ice cream. Yum!
- 7 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender.
Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream.