Gourmet candlelight breakfast is included with every stay. You choose if you would like to join other guests at our grand mahogany dining table, or have breakfast served in the privacy of your room. Every day the menu is different, so special requests and dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- First course offerings we have prepared include Yogurt Parfaits, Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries, Gluten-Free Oatmeal Muffins and our Signature English Scones
- Second course is always hot and could be either Croissant Stuffed French Toast, Vegetable Frittata, Scotch Eggs or Hash Brown Potato Pie
- Third course is dessert and has featured Molten Spiced Chocolate Cake, Cappuccino Praline Puffs, Baked Apple Dumplings, and Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
Plenty of coffee, tea and juice is flowing during breakfast. Plus, coffee and tea are available any time of the day in our guest kitchen corner of the dining room. And in-room coffee service is also provided if you’d rather just stay in your room.
Recipe of the Month: Cappuccino Praline Puffs
Cinnamon and chocolate garnish a coffee-flavored pastry cream piled into golden puff pastry shells. We’ve garnished with chopped Andes peppermint candies and green sugar sprinkles during the holidays.
- 1 (10-ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 2 (1-ounce) bars dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup candy toffee bits
- ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°.
Bake and cool the pastry shells according to the package directions.
Finely chop 1 chocolate bar. Set aside.
Stir the espresso powder and water in a medium bowl until dissolved. Add the cream and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the toffee bits and the chopped chocolate into the cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, divide the cream mixture between the pastry shells. Sift the cinnamon over the filling, and shave the remaining chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler over the filling. For a holiday flair, substitute the cinnamon and chocolate with chopped chocolate peppermint candies and green sugar sprinkles.
Option: Cover and refrigerate the shells for at least 1 hour before serving.
Substitution Tip: You can substitute 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping for heavy cream and sugar.